What are my actual “dream roles?”
There are tags going around among people on Facebook to name what their ten top dream roles would be. Luckily, I don’t ever have to choose, because among the Facebook community it’s pretty clear that I have no friends. But in my own personal writing, I get to be my own friend and share what my own answers would be because I’m here to TAG MYSELF! I’ll always listen, me.
SO here they are:
- My absolute first thought was Meredith from The (American) Office. A lot of it is because she gets tricked into shaving her head and I always wanted a real “excuse” to do that. Even though she probably wore a bald cap—but NO! I would go all outskies. Bald to the wall I should say HAHAHAHAHAHA.
- I guess I can say Natalie Portman in V for Vendetta for that same reason, although its not really a dream role. Good movie-just not my dreamiest role ever.
- Liz Lemon from 30 Rock and this is a dream in the most literal sense of the word. I obviously am just incredibly envious/inspired/in love with Tina Fey and no one besides Tina should ever play Liz Lemon under any circumstance ever. But this is a dream role, so hey.
- Anything in Heather Graham’s career. Heather Graham is my secret love and she is incredibly underrated and so funny and chill and earthy and- I just love Heather Graham let me live my life.
- When I’m like 40 – Lisa Kudrow in The Comeback, because it is meta and funny and sad and the commentary is spot on.
- Now for some stage stuff? I’d love to be in any one of David Lindsay-Abaire’s plays. He did forensics in High School and wrote his plays so that they could never be cut into pieces and I have failed on multiple occasions attempting to do so. Performing in any one of his plays would be an awesome tale of personal (low stakes) redemption.
- Stage list over. Not really- there is plenty of stage stuff I’d like to do but I just can’t think of stuff right now. Obvious classics like Blanche/Stella, Catherine in A View from the Bridge, Maggie in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof and duh. In high school I was in Moon Over Buffalo as Roz. In the play she was supposed to be mean to her ex-boyfriend who works with her dad. I was playing the role opposite of an “ex boyfriend” in high school and my teenage angst was at full effect. The director said that was the best chemistry she’s seen in the course of her career. Sing about that one, Alanis.
- I’ll throw out Brie Larson in Short Term 12 because I just love that movie and it’d be huge challenge for me.
- Does a Late Night talk show host count? Get me in there.
- Some kick ass super hero like Batman. Nope, not hyper sexualized cat woman-FUCKING BAT MAN.
Some other dream rolls:
That’s it. That’s the challenge. Now, you have 24 hours to complete the challenge or you have to donate 100 bitcoins to whoever is in charge of the internet. May the odds be evens.